This project is read-only.

Project is a mess

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:58 AM

I hate to be critical here, but:

1. Your project is a complete mess, it's hard to understand what goes where and for what purpose.
  2. There's no install, adding sandbox solutions here and there, then workflows, web parts, is confusing to say the least.
  3. Documentation is also fragmented.
  4. There seems to be different versions all over the place with the same wsp name.

Recommendation:

1. Create 1 project site, 1 install package, or at a minimum a zip file with all the solution files, and a PS script that installs them in the correct order.
  2. Don't require a MySite... make it a normal Site Collection > with Personal subsites
  3. Describe what each solution does, and correctly version them.
  4. Avoid having your sites reliant on FBA... it's easy enough to make it independent of the authentication model.

Judging by the number of downloads, I'm not the only who finds it confusing. The idea is really appealing, as I work for an R&D company, but your implementation is poor.

1 PS script that creates a Web Application > Installs the Solutions > Activats the features is easy... easier than the word documents you created.

You can even add a PromptForChoice in your PS script to only install the desired components.